- Traditional Estate Planning, including Wills & Trusts
- Powers of Attorney and Health Care Directives
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Gift planning, Retirement Planning, and Long-Term Health Care Planning
- High-Asset Estate and Inter Vivos Planning, including Asset Protection Planning
- Related Areas: Estate Administration and Elder Law
Backes & Backes meets the estate planning needs of our clients by coupling modern estate planning techniques with the traditional, client-focused atmosphere of small law firm. At Backes & Backes, NJ and PA estate planning is at the heart of much of our work.
Most decedents in New Jersey pass with no Will at all, and most higher-asset individuals leave estates subject to taxes that could have been avoided with planning. Changes in the federal estate tax scheme have understandably caused confusion, and the intricacies of estate and inheritance taxes at the State level are difficult to navigate without counsel.
In this constantly evolving field, both in New Jersey and federally, the firm’s attorneys work diligently with clients and their advisers to help them prepare wills and trusts and to ensure that planning is prudent, financially and personally.